This Quest is designed to be completed by bike.
This mobile Quest will take you through the same steps as the printable Quest, and can record your clues as you go. However, if your phone turns off or loses connection during the Quest, data may be lost. You may want to write down the clues just in case.
Bike Quest Trail Information
Start: Letz Avenue/Road Trailhead
Contact: Humboldt County Parks | (707) 445-7651
Total Length: ~3.2 Mile Round Trip. Plan for up to 2 hours. Pack a snack or lunch and binoculars for bench or beach stops.
Difficulty: Medium; trail includes flat pavement, gravel and one steep gravel hill
Quests/Patches Available at: N/A; Use mobile Quest or online patch request form
From the South: Take Airport Road exit off 101. Turn left under 101. Turn right onto Letz Ave. and park at trailhead lot.
Share your experience on social media! Take photos along your journey and post with the hashtag #hammondcoastaltrail!
Bike Safety Tips
- Helmets are required for youth under 18 and strongly recommended for adults
- Ride only on the right-hand side of the trail
- Leave the distance of a ‘ghost bike rider’ between bikes in your group to avoid contact
- Verbally announce the need to stop before slowing down and stopping
- Pull your bike off the trail and come to a complete stop at each Quest stop